Wednesday 30 December 2015

bloody buggering mountain bike

There's a battle raging in our house this winter.
It's between me and THE MOUNTAIN BIKE. And the mountain bike is winning. Hands down.
The other half has 3 other bikes which he seems happy enough to keep in the garage. This one though, the sacred, fabulous, amazing, bloody expensive sodding mountain bike is apparently too good to leave in the garage. It's preferred position is propped up against the wood burner in the dining room. And it doesn't like to be alone. It likes to be surrounded by it's friends - mucky old rags, citrus degreaser and muk-off bike spray. It also has a regular visitor to stay over with it in the form of a gigantic bike rack thing. It occasionally hangs on it. In mid air. IN. THE. DINING. ROOM.
And it's really pissing me off. 
The other half knows it pisses me off. I've had several meltdowns over it in the last couple of months. 
He puts it in the garage to shut me up. For one or two nights. Then he rides the bloody thing again, it gets covered in mud and we're back to square one. Back in the dining room for some prolonged polishing and TLC.
I don't know how much more I can take. I'm even considering moving into the garage myself. It is driving me mad :(
Any solutions most welcome people....


No comments:

Post a Comment