Wednesday 8 February 2017

skeggy by the sea

I'm just about recovered from our weekend away. We went to Butlins Skegness on an 80's weekender to help celebrate someone's birthday.
For anyone not familiar with this great bastion of 1950's holiday culture, Butlins is not exactly known as a place to go for a luxury 5* exclusive break these days. Indeed I was informed shortly before we went that we had to provide our own towels! And the other half told me it was recently voted "9th worst holiday in the UK" so I can't say I was particularly looking forward to it.
But, you know what? We had a bloody ace weekend! Probably the 9th best weekend EVER! Helped along of course by the copious amounts of alcohol we consumed. And the rather amusing company. And the fancy dress. EVERYONE got dressed up on Saturday night. (We were Buck's Fizz, google them if you're too young to remember) I didn't stop laughing all weekend. Or drinking. Fanbloodytastic!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment