Sunday 23 April 2017

staycation anyone?

Things I love about school holidays spent at home:
*No alarm clock.
*No school drop off or pick up controlling my day.
*No alarm clock.
*A general feeling of freedom...with a touch of laziness thrown in for good measure.
*No alarm clock.

Things I don't love:
*Constant feeding of starving offspring. They get one meal a day at school. One! Why do they need about 11 when they are at home? And in between feeds there's the constant opening of the fridge door to stare blankly at the lack of interesting contents.
*The mess. I work from home. It does my head in when they leave their crap everywhere.
*The boredom. "I'm boooooored, what can I dooooooo?" ...er how about some cleaning?
*The "helping". In particular the youngest "helping' to jetwash the decking. This involved me stopping work to sweep up 12 months worth of dead leaves and crap 'cos he got "tired" after 2 minutes. Then stopping work every 10 mins to show him how to do it in a proper organised manner instead of just squirting water everywhere. Followed by me stopping work to sort out the mud completely covering the patio doors. Then me packing in work completely to jetwash the sodding decking. Turns out he wasn't arsed about jetwashing the decking, he just wanted to squirt water everywhere.
If a job's worth doing....do it your bloody self....


Remind me again why I didn't just take two weeks off work so we could bugger off to some place warm like all the smug people with 'proper jobs' on my facebook feed?

No comments:

Post a Comment