Tuesday, 22 August 2017

leave. me. alone

Trying to work in school holidays.
Bloody impossible.
Today went like this:
Did 30 minutes work.
Broke off to take the eldest to my sister's warehouse where she was helping out for the day.
Arrived back and was cornered by AlbertFromNextDoor for a chat. 
Was trying to escape when AlbertFromNextDoor's wife, Joyce, came out to extend the chat.
Finally escaped and did a bit more work before the mother-in-law phoned to say she'd made us an apple pie and had it with her at her friend's house down the road and could I please drive down and collect it straight away.
Got outside to find a massive van, belonging to a bloke with no teeth who was fixing JimFromNextDoorTheOtherWay's garage, blocking the drive. 
Reversed dangerously around him to be met by DavidFromAcrossTheRoad who stopped me for a chat and discussion about how they probably won't be getting a holiday this year. 
Collected the pie and arrived back, unseen by any further chatty neighbours, to carry on working.
Broke off to feed the youngest who had finally dragged his arse out of bed.
A bit more work before the youngest's mate, Peter, turned up to see if he wanted to go somewhere on his bike.
Broke off to sort the bike shizz out.
Just getting back into my work when the eldest texted to say she was ready to be collected and could I bring the following list of items (insert long list of items including jeans, shoes, multiple makeup items, GHD's and 75 quid to give to her friend for her ticket to Leeds Fest this weekend)
Spent about 200 hours trying to find all the crap on her list. Left the house. Reversed dangerously around the toothless bloke's massive van. Called at the bank to get the 75 quid and went to collect the eldest.
Arrived at the same time as UK Mail and helped load all the customer orders they'd been packing onto the van.
Went to pick up the eldest's friend, Fiona, and delivered them both to another friend's house.
Did some more work. 
The eldest texted to say she was ready to be collected.
By this time the toothless garage man had buggered off so this saved time with my reversing and I collected number one daughter in record time.
Made food for both starving kids.
Made food for the other half and myself.
Ate the food.

Then I started work.

I'm seriously thinking of going to sit in my car somewhere in the middle of a field tomorrow just so that I can work without any sodding interruptions.


  1. Oh no - bless you. Loving the grumpy crab!

  2. ha ha, i LOVE this post! And am commenting as I don't think I've commented on here for about 75 years! :-)

    1. ha ha...time for an update on your blog lady....should be easy to do at the mo, what with it only being school holidays and you only working from home and everything ha ha x

  3. A job in Greggs from 9-5 is always appealing to me !