Wednesday 1 August 2018

slowdown art comp

This week my insta feed was full of #slowdownartcomp posts. So I joined in. Not to win obvs. I don't think they even do kid's products. But just to run away from the work I was meant to be doing for a bit.
I did this one first cos I was trying to go with the flow....



But it looked pretty shitty next to all the amazing entries so I stopped trying to fit in and just did my own thing. 




I love doing personal work. No-one to please but myself. Wishing it could be more like that IRL. Real work for me always seems to involve the sentence "Can you make it smile please." Or "Can you lose the pink cos it's no good for boys."
*eyeroll*
Most clients I have ever worked with "really like my style"....but also really want to change it to fit what they think the mainstream customer would like to buy.
Not that it's particularly UNmainstream to start with.

Anyway, that's my Wednesday moan over.
Now back to drawing smiley rabbits in non gender specific colours...

ps If @slowdownstudios want to branch into kids blankets you know who to call 😜



No comments:

Post a Comment