Saturday 9 May 2020

VE Day

Lockdown Days 46-47

Yesterday:
It was VE Day. A special bank holiday to celebrate 75 years.

And celebrate we did.

We had a little socially distanced street party. Joyce and Albert from next door couldn't come out so I delivered scones to them. The rest of us sat at the end of our drives and had mucho food and far too mucho drink. 
We stayed out till 2.30am and wondered why we have never done this before!

This morning our postie had a parcel for us. I dragged my arse out of bed to open the door and was greeted by the sight of our garden furniture on the drive. Complete with empty cans and bottles and loads of leftover food.
I said "Oh I'm so ashamed." 
The postman said "Pickled onions? You're posh round here!" 😬


Today:
I have done very little and will be ready for bed as soon as I've eaten my Saturday night takeaway curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment