Tuesday 6 October 2020

life as we know it this autumn

It's Autumn.
The first Autumn in the NewNormal.
Hopefully the ONLY Autumn in the NewNormal.

The social distancing continues. The local lockdown is back. I haven't seen my mates since we got back from Portugal. We're not allowed to meet. You can only do stuff with the people you live with. 
The pubs close at 10pm. We don't go. All the joy has been sucked out of it.
I did go to the White Rose shopping centre last week though. (Like a smaller and less popular cousin of the Trafford Centre) I won't be rushing back. The one way system was extreme. If you wanted to go in a shop across the way you had to walk all the way to the end of the mall where there was a human roundabout for you to walk round and go back in the direction you came from. I wasn't even allowed to go through Primark to get to my car, I had to walk back to the human roundabout and exit that way. I only went to take a bloody top back to Zara. I ended up walking 12,397 steps. In a mask.
The brother-in-law developed a cough on Thursday night. He tried to get a test on Friday. The nearest available was in Oldham. Over 30 miles away. He got a postal one instead. The whole family had to self isolate while he waited for the results. For five days. The test was negative to Covid19. It was just a case of ManFlu.
The Youngest's old school has had to go half online because so many teachers have been named on track + trace and they're not allowed in school for two weeks.
News reports don't inspire much confidence. I don't think this shit is gonna end any time soon.
So I spent a zillion quid on the Sweaty Betty website. I don't wear anything else these days. No-one sees me anyway. And it's comfy.



No comments:

Post a Comment