Thursday 17 November 2022

folktale week 2022

I love Folktale Week on insta. I love looking at all the fab illustrations that people post from the prompts. I love how people interpret them so differently. I even did the full lot myself once. In the olden days.... 2018....when the prompts were nice and easy.
I soooo wanted to do it this year. I love illustrating kids books so really it's something you'd think I should be doing. And something I should enjoy. But honestly, I read the prompts and did not feel an ounce of inspiration. Not one. I felt like this instead 🤷🏼‍♀️
I do realise that my job as an illustrator is to come up with something fabulous no matter what the subject. But I felt zero inspiration from most of the words and I was just stressing myself out trying to think of something. Cos any old something wouldn't do. It had be be the best something. And my mind drew a complete blank.
So I stopped shoulding and decided just to do the first two. Cos they seemed easy enough. So here I am. Finished!
And now I feel intense relief that I don't have to think of something for the others. Because REBEL 🤷🏼‍♀️ and COSTUME 🤷🏼‍♀️ are not for me 😬

Here's FOOL and TREE....
The End x





No comments:

Post a Comment