Wednesday 8 July 2020

post lockdown

Post Lockdown Report So Far...

The weather is shit.

I went to meet my sister and her friend for a coffee in Leeds on Monday.
It's just weird.
There are signs EVERYWHERE telling you to keep your distance and walk one way and no sitting here and no standing there. 
I was early so I "nipped' into John Lewis. Just getting there was a ball ache cos the whole city is on a one way system. There was no queue but half the shelves were empty. And they have these massive screens up when you pay.
I had to walk a million miles out of my way to meet her cos I'd gone past the meeting place on the one way system. 
Nowhere was open for coffee so we had to get a Starbucks. But we weren't allowed to drink inside and ended up sitting on a bench in the middle of Leeds. 
It was all very 1970's Soviet Russia.
I won't be rushing back.

The OtherHalf has gone back to work. (He's a driving instructor)
He has to wear a face shield and the learnertics wear masks.
He's not keen. His head itches after half an hour.

I still can't get a Tesco online slot unless I book in advance exactly 4 weeks to the day. Which I never remember to do. 
Our weekly trip to the biggest Tesco in Europe, which used to be a treat, is now a pain in the arse. I'd be happier just nipping to the small one locally but we have my Mum and Dad's and JoyceFromNextDoor's shopping to do. 
In any case you can still only buy 85 items online before you exceed the basket limit so we're stuck with it for the forseeable.

The pubs opened on Saturday.
We haven't been. 
My friend went. She had to book online for a 3 hour slot in the beer garden. 
It was cold. With showers.
We decided not to to bother for now.

I took the dog to the vets today. I had to wear a mask. My glasses steamed up and I wished I'd worn my lenses. But the receptionist told me they steam up too.

I'm having my hair done on Friday. I have to wear a mask and the Eldest's friend told me that she had to sit in her car while her colour developed. So I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

I've stopped nagging the kids to get out of bed till at least 2pm. I cba anymore. They stay up half the night. We wear earplugs in bed. They're both in a different time zone now. They'll have jet lag if things ever get back to normal.

It's post lockdown.
But it's not normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment