Tuesday 31 January 2012

black and white

Auntie Isabelle's funeral yesterday was really sad but it went as well as a funeral can be expected to go.
Unfortunately I'm going to another next Wednesday... an old school friend died of cancer after a very brave fight. 
It's one of those 'wear something bright and don't come in black' sort of funerals.
Now call me old fashioned but I like a bit of black at a funeral. A lot of black actually. Everybody matching. Very smart. At my funeral everyone has to wear black. With a bit of white if they wish. But NO colours. Black and white only or you can't come in. Big black hats totally welcome of course.

6 comments:

  1. So RED heels would be a no no then....just checking....just so I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I interest you in black heels with a red sole? They would be VERY acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....I can go with that....but I must insist on matching bag....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have black(ish) hair.........
    (with a smattering of grey, which I will colour in)
    Big old hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...will we be expected to colour our hair in....blimey...ok then....only I dont have black....will 'Iced Chocolate' do....or 'Lush Latte'....??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think perhaps that I will allow ANY hair colour to attend my funeral ....
    providing it's under a big black hat....with a veil.... :-)

    ReplyDelete