Thursday 28 June 2012

wellybobs


We're off to see the Stone Roses at Heaton Park on Saturday. Outside. In a park. In the mud.
I'm all sorted with my festival chic clobber. Bought a rather nifty Pac-a-Poncho from Topshop to go with my trusty Hunters.
The other half on the other hand will not have even considered the weather. And will not do so till roughly 11am on Saturday by which time it will be too late. I am a little concerned because his entire footwear collection consists of: 3 pairs of white trainers, 1 pair of blue suede trainers, 1 pair of football boots, 2 pairs of flip flops, 1 pair of black leather pointy shoes he wears with his suit at weddings and funerals, 1 pair of slippers.........and Geoff's wellies... which are 2 sizes too big and were discovered in our shed 9 years ago when Betty and Geoff moved out of our house and we moved in.
I'm not his mother so I won't be interfering.
But if he wears the Geoff wellies I can't possibly stand next to him.

9 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky thing, going to see the Stone Roses! Have a brilliant time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous. Tell us all about it won't you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes very jealous. And I bought one of those Pac a Poncho things yesterday too. In the mink colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy..........the mud will probably make it even more fun!!! and as for your husband........ he should probably opt for flipflops, at least they are easy to clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny....mine is exactly the same with weddings! I wait for him to say the day before a wedding "What am I going to wear?!!" We look around the house for something respectable, find his linen trousers from last time with a great big wine stain on them, so have to leg it up to bristol at the 12th hour to get him another pair of linen trousers which will get wine spilt on them for the next wedding.
    Enjoy the stone roses, you have to do the little stone roses shoulder dance to fools gold you know! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to see them on sunday, so it will be EXTRA muddy by then! This was my excuse to buy some new wellies, as I'm pretty sure mine have a hole in. Hope you have a great time - whatever your hubby wears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I just heard about this gig yesterday, it sure will be a good un, have a good time despite the embarassment ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time Dawnie....Stone Roses....in the mud...and new clothes...sounds like heaven !! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun chicken!! I was most put out at the Isle of Wight festival when I had red wine spilt on my new pink jumper during Feeder. Then my husband pointed out we were muddy up to our thighs!! hehe X

    ReplyDelete