Monday 3 July 2017

prom diddly promprom

It's been non stop action in my little life this week. After a full-on week of adventure in Hong Kong and China, followed by an 8 hour delay in Zurich, I arrived home just in the nick of time to sort out my little prom princess. Well....almost in time...my sister had to step in the day before for the tan and nail appointments while I sipped on a nice-cold-ice-cold beer on the rather lovely streets of Zurich. But I arrived in time to ferry her about to hair and makeup appointments and to get her home in time to wiggle into the frock and pose for 20 million photos before whisking her off to PreProm. (For anyone not yet at this stage in parenthood and not up to speed with this imported phenomenon I'd like to inform you that it's not just a Prom you have to think about. There's also a PreProm and then an AfterProm. A second outfit is required for AfterProm cos who wants to wear a 300 quid dress all night when you can get changed into a little Topshop number.) I was allowed to attend PreProm (lots of parents were banned by their offspring) (I'm assuming I was allowed because I was a super cool PromMom. Obvs) Everyone took 20 million more photos then they all left on a vintage bus that wasn't dissimilar to the 666 school bus we had in 1983 (yes, our school bus bore the number of the beast) 
I didn't see her again until she phoned from AfterAfterProm at 6.40am to advise me that she was ready to be collected. She then slept all day before getting ready for the PostPromParty. 
It's all left me a little exhausted I must say. And skint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment