Wednesday 29 May 2019

nice weather for ducks

What's with all the April showers this week? It's nearly June for gawd's sake!

The youngest is away at camp. The eldest is either sleeping or staring at her phone in order to avoid very-late-in-the-day A level revision. So as Monday was a bank holiday, the other half and I squeezed in a cheeky trip to Saltaire. It was chucking it down. So we hid in a pub and stuffed our faces. Obvs.
And of course I paid a visit to the book shop in Salts Mill. Best. Shop. Ever.

I realised something while looking at all the fab kids books they have there. I like the simple books best. The board books. In my head I think I want to illustrate fancy picture books. Then people go on about expression and texture and movement and fiddly piddly detail and I try to be someone else. But really I just like a nice board book. Simple. Matt paper, not cheap and shiny. Nice colours. Quirky pictures. You have to do what you love really don't you?...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment