Friday 14 June 2019

the big shop

Our Tesco online delivery comes between 9 and 10am on a Monday. To secure this apparently popular slot I have to place my order sometime soonish the week before. So I go online, chuck a few random items in the basket and check out. Then every Sunday night, after moaning about it for 3 hours, I go back online to update the order to something we actually need.
Only this Sunday I moaned for 3 hours, went online, spent forever updating the order....then forgot to checkout.
So the delivery arrived on Monday morning and it was basically a bottle of Jack Daniels, some prawns and 12 packets of crisps. 
My sister said that this was the equivalent of spending an hour walking round Morissons filling up your trolley, then leaving it in the bread aisle. She's not wrong.
So I logged back in and secured ANOTHER slot for Tuesday morning. Apparently Tuesday mornings aren't as popular as Mondays. I chucked a load of cleaning products and toothpaste and toilet paper into the basket and checked out. I intended to go back and add actual food before the 11.46pm deadline.
Only I forgot. 
The delivery arrived on Tuesday morning and it was basically dishwasher tabs, tin foil and bog roll.
Still no food.
I had to physically show up in person at an actual supermarket to buy our dinner. 
We've run out again now cos I hate supermarket shopping.
But at least we have the Jack Daniels.

No comments:

Post a Comment