Wednesday 6 September 2023

random black birds

Drawing just for fun.

I've been very caught up lately in drawing stuff how other people want me to draw it. (People who are paying me to draw stuff. Stuff that will sell. To the masses.)

Then I've been drawing my own stuff how I think other people would want me to draw it. (People who I'd like to work with but who would probably not like the stuff I draw for the mass market people. Because it's too mass markety.)

And tbh I've lost my joy with it all. The recent drop in Instagram engagement hasn't helped. It makes me feel even more rubbish about the stuff I draw. Which is stupid, I know. But...

So anyway.
I started this blog in 2010 before Instagram even existed. I didn't care if nobody saw it. I didn't expect to catch the eye of someone I'd like to work with and I just drew what I wanted. I used to really love it. I drew for FUN.
I'm going back to that.
I'm gonna go back to drawing stuff that I like to draw, in the way I like to draw it. If people like it, they like it. If they don't, they don't. If they don't ever see it they won't ever know. Who cares?
Random birds I drew IN BED last night.
Cos I like to switch things up a bit now 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment