Wednesday 13 May 2020

yay, nurses

Lockdown Days 50-51

Yesterday was International Nurses Day. 

It was also the day I lost my shit.
My patience at having 3 other people here while I'm trying to work finally snapped after 7 weeks. It was triggered by a frozen up freezer. And an argument between the OtherHalf and the Eldest about whose fault it was. Right. Outside. My. Studio. Door.
The freezer meltdown was either caused by Jodie needing 24 bloody ice cubes every day for her iced coffees or Neil's sodding "bladder", from his bike rucksack, that has to live in the freezer to avoid death by bacteria.
I had my own meltdown when they were screaming at each other and hacking the freezer to death with a knife outside my door.
The realisation that this is gonna carry on for months was all too much for me.

Anyway, big thanks to all the nurses. They are real life super heroes. They have much bigger problems than me and they never lose their shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment