Monday 6 December 2021

christmas spirit...

I went away for a 4 night weekend with mi mates and we had a fabulous time. (Keswick in the Lakes if you're interested.)
But we've arrived back to find that everyone in the whole of sodding Yorkshire has trimmed up for Christmas.
Except us.
And I'm just not feeling it.
It's like December 1st is now the official day to put your tree up! I already felt like I was behind due to my lack of present buying and wrapping in bloody October. Now I feel like a total bah humbug for not having a zillion twinkly lights and a giant Santa in my garden.
Christmas is starting to feel like a chore.

So, feeling the pressure, I was gonna go get a tree this afternoon. 
But then this afternoon arrived. 
And I just didn't want to.
It's chucking it down. And I'm not putting the damned thing up yet anyway.
So I decided to be kind to myself and I just didn't bother.

I'll get one on Friday.
If there are any left anywhere 😬



No comments:

Post a Comment