Friday 31 December 2021

december 21

Well loads of people are saying good riddance to 2021 today. But I had a rather lovely year.
For the first time in over 20 years of being freelance I actually had massive gaps in my work schedule.
And I loved it!
It gave me chance to really think about the work I enjoy doing ...and I realised that for the last 20 years I've basically been saying yes to every project that came along. Even the ones I should definitely have said no to.
I also realised that I've been so busy saying yes to all the things that I've not had a single chance in all that time to actually look for the projects I do want to do. 
I feel really fortunate that I had enough money saved from all that previous yes-ing that I could just take the time to really b-r-e-a-t-h-e and think.
I'm still not sure what I really really want to do. But I do know that if you keep doing the same things you keep getting the same results. For 20 years....

Soooo my plan for 2022 is to follow the stuff that brings me joy.

What could possibly go wrong....

Here's December squashed into an instagram friendly square...
Now I'm off out to party while we still can, rumour has it that more restrictions are incoming....


No comments:

Post a Comment