Saturday 28 March 2020

weekend vibes

Lockdown Day 4 

  • I locked myself in my office most of the day. I was actually working. Honestly. Apart from the addition of 3 extra bodies in the house my day to day life is pretty much the same as before so far.
  • The OtherHalf trimmed a bush then took the piss out of Boris by going on a 3 hour bike ride. Insisted that it was essential exercise.
  • The Eldest stayed in bed most of the day due to the late night she had, stringing out the assignment. She's now on the same time zone as New Zealand so we don't see her much.
  • The Youngest was doing something with a table knife in the front garden. He reckoned he was "gardening". I didn't question him further. I couldn't be arsed.
  • I went up to M&S to stock up on essential fresh food. Four people eat a lot when they're at home all day. I waited till 6pm because my sister attempted it in the morning and the queue went out of the car park, across the road and all the way to DFS. This is far. Spent 75 quid on a bit of fruit and veg and enough snacks to last half an hour.
  • The OtherHalf usually goes to the pub on a Friday night. I suggested that we should get dressed up, turn the telly off and drink, standing up, out of pint glasses. To recreate the pub atmosphere. He ignored me.

Lockdown Day 5

It's the weekend.
The OtherHalf continued to flaunt the rules and went on another 3 hour bike ride. Then he went back to bed. This is what he does every Saturday.

I cleaned the whole of downstairs then packed in cos I'm feeling most resentful about my domestic servant status.

The Youngest has only just surfaced. He said, "What is there to eat?"

The Eldest is still in bed. It's the middle of the night in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment